Monday, November 5, 2012

A Church Called HOPE



Message to Carrie:

"So I took the kids to a new church yesterday and had no idea it was Orphan Sunday. I sobbed in church. Called my husband the minute I got to the parking lot (he was out of town on business) to tell him that God was definitely speaking to me this morning. He got a little choked up; admitted he had had a similar experience with someone the night before. Needless to say, our first round of paperwork - application, check, etc - is ready to send off to the agency doing the home study. As soon as they fix our copier in my office, I will send it off. Hopefully tomorrow.I spoke with Adeye on Sunday and she suggested maybe Andy and I could visit the orphanage - obviously not let on to the boys that we are potentially adopting. I actually am looking into building a playground in an orphanage either in the states or elsewhere. Would Ms Mary be open to that? What do you think? Have you been able to ask her about getting their social backgrounds yet?Please know that with each day we are feeling the tug more and more and following God's call. Of course we are also having some apprehension - will they be a fit, will Oleman get along, are there any emotional issues with him being older and such a big change. blah, blah, blah. THANK you so very much. A"


So at the same time I was at HOPE, Andy was speaking at a class at UVA in Charlottesville, VA.  As he walks into the classroom, he introduces himself to the first student he sees, a handsome dark skinned boy, with a distinct accent.  Andy can't help but ask where the boy is from.  "Ghana", he says.   Gulp.....

So when we said that we would really need to hear God in this decision, God also knew he would need to show up loud and clear for us.  Little did we know this was just the beginning of many similar signs and affirmations.  Oh God is so good and so present if only we are listening.  

~Andrea


No comments:

Post a Comment