Monday, May 13, 2013

"Let Go and Let God"

Yes, easier said than done at times.     I tend to worry too much about things that are out of my control.  But if we are following His path, He will meet our needs.    May not be in my time and as I would handle it but that's part of letting go.

The entire adoption journey up until now has been a walk of Faith.   So we will continue that walk today; even if it leads me to the Ghana Embassy in Washington, DC.  I so do not feel like making that drive this morning.  I am only in my office 4 days before I leave for 2 weeks.  I have so much to do and the absolute last thing I want to do is drive this far  and sit all day waiting for Evan's Visa.  I have requested twice but each time they have sent it back asking for more information.  At this point, I have no choice but to go in person since we leave on Friday.  

I am sitting here this morning complaining about my "misfortune" and "hurdle"; yet maybe I need to change my way of thinking and look at this as a very clear message that this is my path today.   At times I get frustrated because the path/choice seems unclear, it really does always unveil itself when I pause and listen. 

By the same token I need to see the "uncomfortable" trail as a blessing that I at least can see it and know where to go.  And that's what I shall do today.    So DC, 4 hours in my car and possibly hours of sitting in an Embassy Waiting Room, here I come.   I will open my eyes and ears to the message and lesson that lie ahead today.

God - please make this day simple in that they issue Evan's Visa without any problems.  

~Andrea


1 comment: