Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Reflections from Ghana

It's been a bittersweet past few days as Evan and I get back into our normal routines at work and school. We are both missing our newest family members and all the other new friends at the Offins Children's Center. Before I left, I purchased an inexpensive phone for the boys to use to call or text us until we are together again. We've heard from them several times; asking how we are and telling us how much they miss us. This is the hard part as we wait for the next step in the adoption process. I've had a chance to sort through the pictures on my camera and have loved seeing and remembering the special moments of our visit and seeing the sweet, joyful faces of our friends. Just looking at them again reminds me of just how really special the people of Ghana really are. As challenging as it was at times, it's clear we were happy and loved our time in Ghana and at the orphanage. I'll update more about the adoption process and where we are in the next couple of days. For now, I just wanted to enjoy the pictures and the faces in them. ~ Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment